Participant and Caregiver Responsibilities
- Accept help from LIFE Pittsburgh staff without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin or disability of the care provider.
- Keep appointments or notify LIFE Pittsburgh if an appointment cannot be kept.
- Supply accurate and complete information to LIFE Pittsburgh staff.
- Authorize LIFE Pittsburgh to obtain and use records and information from hospitals, residential health care facilities, home health agencies, physicians and other practitioners who treat you.
- Authorize LIFE Pittsburgh to disclose information to the federal and state government and their agents during reviews.
- Actively participate in Plan of Care development.
- Inform LIFE Pittsburgh of all health insurance coverage and notify LIFE Pittsburgh promptly of any changes in that coverage.
- Cooperate with LIFE Pittsburgh in billing for and collecting applicable fees from third party payers.
- Notify the Allegheny County Assistance Office of the Department of Public Welfare and LIFE Pittsburgh social worker within seven days of any changes in your income, house sale or deed transfer and/or assets. Assets include bank accounts, cash on hand, certificates of deposits, stocks, life insurance policies and any other assets. The state operates a fraud control program under which local, state and federal officials may verify the information you have given.
- Ask questions and request further information regarding anything you do not understand.
- Use LIFE Pittsburgh designated providers for services included in the benefit package.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a safe environment for you, your family and your caregivers.
- Notify LIFE Pittsburgh promptly of any change in address or lengthy absence from the area. Notice should be mailed to our office at: One Parkway Center, Suite 100
875 Greentree Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15220-3508
- Comply with all policies of the program as noted in the Enrollment Agreement.
- Cooperate in implementation of the care plan.
- Take prescribed medicines.
- If you get sick or injured, call LIFE Pittsburgh for direction right away at 412-388-8040.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
- If emergency services are required elsewhere or out of the service area, you must notify LIFE Pittsburgh within 48 hours or as soon as reasonably possible.
- Notify LIFE Pittsburgh in writing prior to disenrolling.
- Pay required monthly fees if applicable.