McKees Rocks Day Health Center
LIFE Pittsburgh Day Health Centers provide a number of critical functions. Each Center has a physician, several nurses, social workers, a dietitian, a recreational director and recreation assistants. At the Centers LIFE Participants can receive physical therapy and occupational therapy.
One of the most critical functions of the Day Health Centers is to provide much-needed socialization and recreation to LIFE Participants. As many of our Participants live alone, the loneliness and isolation that result can affect one’s mood and overall health. It can lead to depression and decline. Interacting with other participants and participating with enjoyable activities facilitated by our recreational professionals often has a profound impact on the enhanced vitality of our Participants.
The McKees Rocks Day Health Center is our newest center, and can support up to 250 Participants.
From the North:
- Take the McKees Rocks bridge and go 1.1 miles.
- Turn left onto Island Avenue and go 0.6 miles.
- Turn left to stay on Chartiers Ave.
- The Center is about 1 block on the left in the shopping center.
From the South:
- Take 51 North (Saw Mill Run Blvd.)
- Turn left on Stanhope Street.
- Next left on Linden Street.
- First right on Chartiers Avenue.
- The Center is on the left in the shopping center.