LIFE Pittsburgh enhances the ability of seniors to live in their own homes through high-quality and comprehensive services. We are a community-based alternative to nursing homes and personal care/assisted living, providing in-home care to those whose health limits their independence.
What care is provided?
- Primary, preventative, and emergency care
- Vision, dental, foot, and hearing care
- Access to on-call emergency assistance from Doctor or Nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Prescription drugs and home delivery
- Assistance with dressing, bathing, grooming and other daily activities
- Homemaker and chore services as necessary
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Behavioral healthcare and counseling
- In-home skilled care
- Skilled nursing care
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- All medical supplies and equipment
- Nutritional counseling
- Medical imaging
- Laboratory services
- Continual and comprehensive medical evaluations
How will this help my family?
LIFE Pittsburgh supports your family members and other caregivers by providing the tools and education to keep loved ones at home. With our day health center and in-home care expertise, we understand the challenges of caring for frail older adults, and can ease the caregiving burden.
How much does this cost?
If your gross monthly income is less than $2,382 and you have less than $8,000 in assets (excluding one house and one car), the program would be paid for you by the State and Federal government. This includes medications and medical equipment. We will help you through the application process for financial eligibility.
Is there proof that LIFE Programs work?
- National studies have shown that LIFE programs reduce the need for expensive long-term nursing home care (Gerontologist Vol 45, No. 2, 2005).
- LIFE prevents and/or significantly reduces preventable hospitalizations (Journal of Gerontology Vol 61 No. 7, 2006).
Is LIFE Pittsburgh right for you?
- Are you 55 years or older?
- Do you need assistance with your daily activities, like bathing, dressing, grooming?
- Are you having difficulty with managing your medications?
- Do you need assistance with basic housekeeping, laundry, cleaning, or vacuuming?
- Have you noticed a significant weight gain or loss in the last few months?
- Do you have difficulty with walking, balance, endurance, or flexibility?
- Do you see several specialists and doctors and have difficulty making and keeping those appointments?
- Have you recently fallen?
- Could you benefit from ongoing physical, occupational, or speech therapies?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, call us today at 412-388-8050 to see if you are eligible for LIFE Pittsburgh.
Our mission is to help older adults remain a vibrant part of their communities.