Is LIFE for Me? 8 Questions to Ask Yourself
Are you someone who:
- has trouble getting around?
- has difficulty managing your medications?
- has issues with getting to your doctors?
- finds it difficult to cook, clean or do laundry?
- needs to regularly see a podiatrist, dentist or eye doctor?
- finds yourself alone too often?
- worries about falling or going to the hospital?
- feels frustrated that your doctors don’t talk to each other?
If any of these statements are true for you, or someone you love, LIFE Pittsburgh may be just what the doctor ordered. We want to help you stay at home, healthy, safe and independent for as long as possible.
To be eligible, you must be 55 or older, live in Allegheny County (view our service area and detailed requirements), and be able to safely live in the community with services from LIFE Pittsburgh.If you financially qualify, there are no fees whatsoever for:
- all your healthcare needs (doctor and nurse visits, hospital visits, personal care aid support at home, podiatry, dentistry, hearing and eye care, lab tests, physical, occupational and speech therapy, and so on),
- medical supplies, equipment, and all medications (no fees, no co-pays),
- recreational therapy and social activities
- transportation to/from your home and our health and recreation centers and to any specialized medical appointments.
A quick call to one of our enrollment specialists can help you determine whether you are likely to be eligible. Even if you are not eligible, our enrollment specialists know many of the programs available in the county and are always eager to help in any way they can.