Pittsburgh Home Health Care
How LIFE Works
The majority of your needs will be satisfied through one program.
LIFE Pittsburgh arranges a full array of health and social services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. A health team of geriatric doctors, nurses, social workers, rehabilitation specialists and other health care professionals assesses our Participants' needs and desires, plans and approves services with them and their family or caregiver, monitors for changes and provides timely interventions. Primary care and community services are provided through the Day Health Center and through our in home program according to an individual Participant's needs.
Our Participants receive most of their health care services at our Day Health Center, where our team is based. A Participant's driver provides transportation to and from the center. When necessary, services are also provided in an individual’s home, in a hospital or a nursing facility. Our primary care physicians are participating members of our health care team and will manage all specialty and hospital care. In addition, we have agreements with physician specialists (such as cardiologists, urologists, and orthopedists), with a pharmacy, laboratory, and diagnostic testing services (X-rays, etc.) and with hospitals and nursing facilities. Services may be provided at their respective locations. Drivers are also able to provide transportation to the hospital and other appointments the interdisciplinary team arranges for our participants.
Some advantages of enrolling in LIFE Pittsburgh are:
- Our dedicated, qualified geriatric health professionals who know you personally.
- Complete long-term care coverage.
- Coordinated 24 hour advice and care.
- Support for family caregivers.
- Care designed specifically for your individual needs.
- One provider to oversee your care whether at home, in a hospital or in a nursing facility.
- No co-insurance, deductibles or payments due for services you receive. In some cases there may be a monthly premium required to participate in the program based on your income.
- Sponsored by two long standing Pittsburgh area health care organizations, Lutheran SeniorLife and Pittsburgh Mercy Health System.